Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Morning Bus Ride Reflections

April 28, 2015 It was a beautiful day in Columbus, Ohio. This morning I had a meeting on the far north side of the city at The Continent Columbus (1-61 and Busch Blvd.) which is basically the last stop on the #8 Hamilton Ave bus. It's about an hour ride and a great time just to sit relax, observe and appreciate the diversity of Columbus. Here a few things that I saw, felt and experienced during the hour long ride.

Morning #8 COTA Bus Ride

Children going to school.

Black woman walking slowly using a walker boards the bus.

Kneeling bus.

More restaurants in the Short North.

Gateway, Ohio State, borderlands.

A car on left lane swerves in front of bus to turn right. Crazy!

Bike rider mounting his bike on the bike rack.

Gentrification.

Reflection time.

Asian woman with four bags.

Reading the morning news on my phone with a low battery.

Forgot my charger.

Blue sky outside.

Lifeless Ohio State Fairgrounds.

Sitting in silence with lots of thinking happening.

Corner stores.

Trying to stop thinking and just be.

I smile when I see a taco truck: Texano Taquerilla.

Cooks IGA.

A Somali rider says hello.

Morse Road car madness.

Bedroom Community.

Split level homes.

Latina woman greets me with a voiceless hello.

1-61 Dublin-Granville Road car madness.

I get to my destination.

Get off and thank the bus operator.

No pedestrian sidewalks.

Off to my meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment